Essential course for school workers and child care providers: Teacher's heads, support staff, child care workers
What you'll get:
- One year access to course
- CPD-Certified certificate
- Easy access on computer, tablet or phone
- Duration: Approx 1.5 hours
Why this course?
- Our courses are trusted by many schools and organisations in the UK and abroad
- Covers up to date UK government guidance on Prevent
- Quick and simple to sign-up and access on your computer, tablet or phone
- CPD-Certificate certificate emailed to you straight away upon completion
Course aims - To enable you to:
Understand the Prevent duty and the school’s responsibilities
Understand the risks and threats both nationally and locally
Develop judgment skills in relation to those who may be vulnerable to radicalisation
Develop an understanding of the ‘grey areas’
Gain an awareness of Prevent priorities and actions needed
Develop ideas for prevention of radicalisation and extremism within school
- Understand the duties within the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015
- Gain knowledge of extremism in the UK context
- Identify vulnerable pupils/students
- Understand risk assessment and management in this context
- Be able to incorporate Prevent into existing safeguarding activities
- Write or revise school policies incorporating Prevent
- Describe how the school is safeguarding children in the Prevent context
- Develop aspects of an implementation plan for the school
Sessions 1 to 3:
- Background, scale of the issue, CONTEST, Prevent
- Prevent objectives
- The Prevent duty for schools and colleges:
- Risk assessment
- Working in partnership
- Staff training
- IT policies
- Building children’s resilience to radicalisation
- Fundamental British values
- Prevent duty as part of school safeguarding
- Prevent duty in policies
- What are the risks and threats?
- Who is at risk?
- What am I looking out for?
- How do I report?
- Channel, referrals, support, people unsuitable for Channel
- What can we do?
- Planning within school
- Department for Education (DfE) helpline
Test and Certificate
- Short multi-choice test
- Certificate emailed to you straight away upon completion